Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Diva Espresso


1/30/13 Diamine Eclipse ink, Stillman & Birn Gamma sketchbook
On my way home from Golden Gardens, I ducked into Diva Espresso to take the chill off. It’s a long, narrow space with the tables parallel to several windows, which proved to be an unusual perspective challenge viewed sidelong. Today I wasn’t in the mood for something that difficult, so I took the easy way out and sketched fellow patrons. But I’ll come back another day and take on those windows.

3 comments:

  1. The hair on the closest woman came out great...sort of wind-blown. Nice sketch of the beach area too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really nice sketch; lots of depth and values. I love those small coffee houses along 32nd Ave. There's another one along 64th/32nd next to the barber shop owned by walter (can't remember the name) All the locals hang out there. He enjoys having artists hang their paintings to sell on his walls inside the cafe. Your blog is great and i will keep contact through email. Keep sketching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina, I forgot to mention that I love your comment about wasting time on Facebook; that is the reason I quit Facebook so I could spend my energies on worthwhile projects I love to do. Can I ask your permission to place the same quote on my blog? Thank you Lois Mathews

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...