Friday, June 14, 2013

P. K. Dwyer Encore


6/14/13 Sailor pen, Diamine Eclipse ink, Stillman & Birn Alpha sketchbook
Last summer I sketched blues singer P. K. Dwyer at the Phinney Farmer’s Market, and I was delighted to see that he was back on the “center stage” at the same market today. Just like last week when I was sketching Tinker’s Dram, it was a tough choice between keeping my lines straight and tapping my toe. “I’ve fallen on hard times, and I can’t get up,” he sang, one of his all-original songs.
 
After putting a dollar in his guitar case, I was slipping out when he stopped me in the middle of a song. He thanked me for the sketch I had done last year, which his wife had been delighted to find online. “Whatever makes my wife happy makes me happy,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...