Thursday, October 3, 2013

Stickers

10/3/13 waterproof/water-soluble ink blends,
Canson Montval 140 lb. paper
Gleefully carrying pens containing inks that I had mixed up with my newly discovered secret formula, I went over to Zoka Coffee this morning to give the inks a solid workout. Unlike at Whole Foods, where everyone eats and runs in about 15 to 20 minutes, Zoka patrons linger over large cups of caffeine, giving me plenty of time to test out my ink blends. A man in a stocking cap was rockin’ out enthusiastically to his private music. I liked the stickers decorating his laptop, including one with a monkey.

In the sketch below, note the curls in both the mans and the womans hair. I think those are textures I might have lost if I hadnt been using the ink blends.
10/3/13 waterproof/water-soluble ink blends, Canson Montval 140 lb. paper 

1 comment:

  1. I love how the lines stayed so crisp. One of the inks I have almost completely loses the lines if I touch it with water. Great sketches.

    Sorry you have so much rain already. We have been blessed with a week where the weather was so absolutely gorgeous I couldn't decide if I wanted to sketch/jpaint or just sit on the beach and enjoy it while it lasts. I did a bit of each.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...