Wednesday, December 11, 2013

7:37 a.m.

12/11/13 watercolor, Stillman & Birn Beta sketchbook
As much as I prefer sketching outdoors most of the time, sketching indoors has distinct advantages.

Today at 7:37 a.m., the advantages were many: I could use a 9” x 12” sketchbook (too large and heavy while standing outdoors) for a wider view unbroken by the page gutter. I could use a large, flat brush (its long handle discourages portability) to make the wash of sky as well as interesting brushstrokes to paint the trees. The watercolors dried at a predictable rate.

Not to mention heat blasting through the bedroom vents – a very distinct advantage when it’s 30 degrees F outside.

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous color in this!!! This came out really well. Yes, painting inside does have some advantages. I wish I had views of the sunrise or sunset. I would paint one every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wonderful Tina!! Fresh, not overworked, and full of vibrancy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...