Friday, January 24, 2014

Asymmetrical

1/24/14 Diamine Chocolate Brown and Grey inks, watercolor, Sailor pen, Zig markers,
Canson XL 140 lb. paper
On my way home from errands this afternoon, I stopped to sketch a tree growing in a traffic circle that I had sketched back in October. In addition to its splendid colors, its asymmetrical shape is what attracted me last fall. Totally bare of leaves, its asymmetry was less obvious today. I must have sketched it again at about the same time of day, because the long shadows were similar.

Shadows. . .? Yes! We have clear skies and sunshine!

(My Sailor pen seems to be made for sketching bare tree limbs.)

1 comment:

  1. I love how certain trees are just so nearly perfectly oval from afar. Nice job on the tree and the shadows.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...