Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Mercedes Convertible

6/3/14 Platinum Carbon ink, watercolor, Pitt Artist Pen, Canson XL 140 lb. paper
I have a thing for convertibles (there’s a reason my moniker is MiataGrrl), and if it’s a vintage one, all the better. I keep thinking that cool, vintage cars are rarely seen in the Maple Leaf neighborhood, yet today this Mercedes 450SL convertible showed up on our block. (Based on images I just searched for on the Internet, it’s probably of 1970s vintage.) It’s been parked on the street all day with the top down (which is optimistic, since it’s been overcast all day). I’m guessing it stays in storage all winter and only comes out to play in the summer.

As I did last month when I sketched a Chevy Deluxe, I had to channel my inner Lapin as I sketched. The 450SL actually has a beautifully sleek shape; unfortunately, I made it look a bit chubby (I tend to do that when I sketch people, too). 

1 comment:

  1. I like the way you painted this and left some whites for the shine of the car. Looks like nice wheels!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...