Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Mid-Morning Sky

6/10/14 Pilot Iroshizuku Fuyu-Syogun and Tsuyu-Kusa inks, Canson XL140 lb. paper

About mid-morning yesterday, the sky over our house looked something like this: an ever-changing mix of gray and white clouds broken by patches of blue. It’s a sky view that I have the opportunity to paint about 90 percent of the year around here. 

Technical note: Does it look like watercolor? Ha - its not! See my next post for the big reveal. (Spoiler alert: I always put the media used in the captions.)

1 comment:

  1. Your use of ink instead of watercolors is a good idea. It would probably work really well for sunsets and sunrises when you just need to get color down...but then I would need brushes with all those colors. I'll have to think about that. lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...