Monday, June 2, 2014

U Village Fountain

6/2/14 Platinum Carbon and Diamine Grey inks, watercolor, water-soluble colored pencil, Zig marker, Pitt Artist Pen, Uniball opaque white gel pen, Canson XL 140 lb. paper

A couple of years ago I sketched an interesting sculptural stone fountain at University Village. Then last summer I decided that fountains and other forms of flowing water should be a sketching nemesis, so I went to U Village with the intention of sketching it again, but apparently I got confused and couldn’t find it (I sketched a different water feature instead). I was so flummoxed that I even wondered if it had been removed during the shopping complex’s recent remodel.

In the U-District for an errand this afternoon, I stopped in at U Village, determined to find that fountain again. There it was, in the same place as ever. And sketching flowing water is still just as challenging as ever.

Some things dont change, even when I wish they would.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting fountain that disappears...glad you found it again. Flowing water isn't easy but you did a good job on it...the white gel pen was a good idea.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...