Friday, July 25, 2014

William the Poet

7/25/14 Pilot Iroshizuku Asa-gao ink, Canson XL
140 lb. paper
I’d seen him before at various farmers markets and other public places – the young poet who sits at a vintage typewriter, composing on the fly: “Your Poem, Your Price.” This afternoon at Phinney Farmers Market, he spotted me sketching him and then stopped typing, so I encouraged him to keep writing. He asked if I was drawing him, and when I said yes, he said he would write a poem about that experience. Here’s the poem, typed on a small piece of paper:

poem about being drawn

colors perform
rites beyond
the reach of words.
pen moves in
quick sylabols
producing pictures of
universal understanding.
thus carictature
is promoted
to king of
dictionary and
webster is
given a less
valued position
thus giving it a chance
to further
dissolve the either. (or ether)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...