Friday, November 14, 2014

6 Arms, Sore Neck

11/14/14 various inks, watercolor, Canson XL paper
It had been more than a year since the Friday ad hoc sketchers met at 6 Arms pub on Capitol Hill. With good food, big windows and lots of intriguing décor, it was an ideal location to sketch as well as to celebrate my birthday (a little early)!

Last year I started off with a sketch of the pub’s six-armed mascot on the wall. Although the place is filled with many interesting objects to sketch, she was still the most compelling to me. Seated at a sunny corner booth, I had a great view of her – straight up. My neck got sore, so I had to take frequent breaks, including a long one to enjoy a yummy veggie burger.

After lunch I remembered that I still needed one more sketch for the last day of the 5-Day Black & White Challenge, so I pulled out my twig and India ink to sketch the bar. Then I got to chatting and started adding color, forgetting that I had intended to leave it monochrome!

Thanks to the Friday sketchers who joined me for my birthday celebration!

11/14/14 India ink, twig, Caran d'Ache Museum water-soluble colored pencil
Standing from left: Linda, Tina, Darsie, Warren, Cate. Seated: Peggy and Kate
Natalie (who had to leave before the group photo) and Tina

1 comment:

  1. This looks like an interesting place to sketch. Sorry you had a sore neck at the end...but probably worth doing from the looks of it. Glad you had a good birthday celebration!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...