Monday, November 3, 2014

Rainy-Day Metasketching

11/3/14 Platinum Carbon ink, Van Gogh watercolors, Stillman & Birn Beta sketchbook

When I saw that this week’s Urban Sketchers Flickr group theme is to sketch our sketch kits, it occurred to me that it’s been a long time since I’ve done any metasketching. (That’s the term I tried to coin a couple of years ago to mean sketching one’s sketch materials, but I discovered that it already means something. Gabi uses it to mean sketching another sketch or painting. It apparently also means something related to computer modeling.) The last time I metasketched was a year-and-a-half ago on a day similar to today – with pouring rain (though it’s not threatening to snow today as it was then).

If truth be told (and anyone who has seen a photo of my actual bag dump knows that this is the truth), the sketch above is only a portion of my everyday-carry; I didn’t include my “Stefano” sketchbook, mixing pan, spritzer, travel brush, Zig markers and additional multiples of various pens and other things I can’t seem to leave the house without. And of course I have more than one pair of glasses and watercolor kit, or I wouldn’t have been able to sketch and paint the glasses and watercolor kit, right? (Whoa, mind-boggling.)

The good news is that I now have a double-duty sketch for InkNaNoDrawMo as well as the weekly theme. 

The bad news is that the forecast for the rest of the week looks much the same as today:


1 comment:

  1. Sorry about the forecast but at least you found something fun to sketch, and since you only sketched part of your supplies you can continue with another sketch tomorrow. lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...