Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Two Blossoms

2/25/15 Diamine Sargasso Sea ink, Albrecht Durer colored
pencils, Baron Fig Apprentice notebook
Walking back to my car after a haircut, I passed two blossoming trees. One had brighter peachy-pink blossoms with cupped petals; the second had flatter, pale pink petals and dark reddish-brown leaves. I would have said the second was a cherry, but I always think of cherry petals as having a small, wedge-shaped cut on its outer edge. Perhaps it’s a different variety. I wanted to sketch a few more, but then it started raining again.

Yes, I did color these on location. Just like I always keep bright green and red markers in my bag during the holiday season (in case of an unexpected Santa sighting), I always keep a pink colored pencil in my bag as soon as I’ve spotted the first blossoming cherry. It never hurts to be prepared.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous you have blossoms to sketch!!! Nice! It does pay to be prepared.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...