Thursday, September 17, 2015

Interrupted

9/17/15
At South Lake Union Park this morning, the sky looked iffy; the weather report had said rain was imminent. But on our way into the Museum of History and Industry, I spotted a lovely wooden schooner moored in front of the museum. I told Greg and Mary to go on inside, and I’d catch up with them, because I had a feeling that if I waited until after we finished going through the exhibits, the weather would change, and I’d miss this sketch. I was wrong. It started raining after only a few minutes, so I missed only half the sketch.

It got me thinking about all the parts and pieces of half-finished sketches in my sketchbooks over the years. Interrupted by rain, circumstance or, most likely, the subject walking (or flying) away, these are a few I found just from the last couple of months. A pity that they remain unfinished, but on the other hand, a half-finished sketch is still better than twiddling my thumbs.
7/14/15
8/16/15
8/3/15
8/19/15
9/8/15
8/30/15

1 comment:

  1. LOL I think we could all do a show of sketches that never got finished because nature or people interrupted.You did get enough of the schooner drawn to make it work!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...