Thursday, April 14, 2016

The Quad, This Time in Green

4/14/16 brush pen, watercolor

Leaving my car for servicing, I walked over to the University of Washington campus to look for a sketch or two. A month ago when I was there with Urban Sketchers Seattle, the cherry blossoms were in full bloom. The blossoms are long gone, but pink or no pink, the Quad is still one of my favorite places to sketch. Almost exactly a year ago I sketched a similar scene on a similar kind of day – a little chilly in the shade but definitely spring.

4/14/16 brush pen, white gel pen
Before I had to go pick up my car, I squeezed in another little sketch, this time in a red Field Notes (I just started my second – these little books sure are fun and easy to fill!): the bell tower at the top of Denny Hall. A few years ago I sketched it from a different angle, along with one of the buildings conical turrets. Someday I’ll get around to sketching the whole building (but probably not in a tiny Field Notes).

2 comments:

  1. Good to see that you're finally able to get outside. They're teasing us with the potential to reach 50F this weekend so maybe I'll do the same. --- Larry

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...