Thursday, June 16, 2016

Cupcake on Easy Street

6/16/16 inks, colored pencils, white Gelly Roll
Easy Street Records and Café, something of a local icon, is well-known for its history involving Seattle’s rock and grunge culture. I sketched the street and its sign a couple of years ago on what must have been a warm morning because I sat outside the café.

Waiting for Greg while he was at an appointment in West Seattle, I was too chilly to sketch outside this morning, but Cupcake Royale directly across the street had a window seat calling my name. Actually, it was the Royale Cheese cupcake (dark chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting!) that called my name. Yum.

6/16/16 brush pen, white Gelly Roll pen

5 comments:

  1. I'm not sure which I like best...your sketch of the cupcake or the thought of eating that cupcake. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sketch was fun, but not as good as eating the cupcake! ;-)

      Tina

      Delete
  2. We probably just missed each other! I was in CR this afternoon sketching. Of course, it will take me days to get my sketch up on Flickr, let alone blog it. Urban Sketchers needs an app that lets you see the location of any active sketchers nearby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darn, we definitely need that app! I love that place for sketching -- great window views! Not to mention the cupcakes! I think we should make it a sketch destination this winter.

      Tina

      Delete
    2. Darn, we definitely need that app! I love that place for sketching -- great window views! Not to mention the cupcakes! I think we should make it a sketch destination this winter.

      Tina

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...